[freenet-support] Freenet and ISP info
Tech Planet
2016-12-09 13:28:43 UTC
I currently have downloaded freenet, my security settings are normal.

In the firefox browser I search myip
It shows the name of my ISP, OS and location, the location is about 40 miles away from my exact location.
Im wondering am I still secure? Im I doing something wrong? Is this normal to show my ISP and so forth
Please advise, Thanks
Freenet
2016-12-09 23:59:00 UTC
Freenet does not use the normal internet, you can find Freenet content
at http://127.0.0.1:8888/

Anything you visit or do over the normal internet has no interaction
with Freenet and as such it will not change or hide your IP, or browsing
habits.
Hi,