[freenet-support] FREENET Install and NORTON
Ronnie Humphries
2016-09-17 23:49:39 UTC
When I try to download and install Freenet, Norton terminates the
installation, and says it's not safe, and then removes it.

Is it possible it is infected with a virus? Is there any way to install?

Ron Humphries

***@gmail.com
x***@freenetproject.org
2016-09-18 20:46:08 UTC
Post by Ronnie Humphries
When I try to download and install Freenet, Norton terminates the
installation, and says it's not safe, and then removes it.
Is it possible it is infected with a virus? Is there any way to install?
Where did you download it from?

As Freenet is open source, it is entirely possible that a third party uses the
source code to publish their own version which contains viruses.

Thus it's very important for us to know where you got it from.

Thank you!