[freenet-support] Please, help.
u***@yahoo.com
2016-09-03 02:16:50 UTC
Hello.

Can you please advise, how to uninstall your \Freenet from my Linux Mint 18 Sarah Xfce?
Thanx in advance for any help.

Peter.
Stephen Oliver
2016-09-14 01:50:16 UTC
Hi Peter,

There should be an uninstaller in the Freenet installation folder, which should be in your home folder unless you installed it somewhere else. Running the uninstaller should take care of it for you.

Alternatively, you can do it manually: make sure Freenet isn’t running, then delete the folder where it was installed.

You may also need to remove the cron entry that starts Freenet when your machine boots. To do that, open a terminal and type “crontab -e”, then carefully delete any line that refers to Freenet.